While I adored having long hair for the past two years and swore to myself I’d never get a short haircut, ever, I had been thinking about the subject for months, always asking for opinions and always getting discouraged (maybe because at the time I didn’t want to do it). I woke up one morning and decided, ‘today is the day I will cut my hair and donate it‘. Being scared of how’d I’d look was an understatement. I’d looked for inspiration mainly on Pinterest and magazines I’ve stacked up for some time and I knew what I wanted. Anyway, the final result was pretty satisfying, and I’m really happy with how it turned out to be and here’s why having short hair rocks!
- Less Shampoo? Yup! At first (and even till now) I put as much shampoo as I’d usually put on my long hair and realised ‘WOW, TOO MUCH’. What I mean by less shampoo is that showers now take less time which is really relieving.
- Hair Gel? WHY NOT! I have never really used hair gel, simple reason being: I’m too clumsy and end up putting way too much on which leads me to the shower. But now I’ve found just the right amount for styling my hair.
- WHO SAYS SHORT HAIR CAN’T BE STYLED? What I’ve actually tried is straightening it, leaving it get a little messy (a little more than little actually) but i’ve realised i can have pigtails, ponytails, braids etc. (maybe a post about that?)
- No split ends! That’s also one thing I’m really happy about for now because my hair needed a trim but I went all in this time.
- It’s summer and it’s hot and short hair is one thing you don’t complain about when it’s hot